Bud’s Best Cookies, Inc. is always looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team. Bud’s Best Cookies has been in business since 1991. We are a locally owned and operated family business and offer our employees a great work environment and benefits. If you are interested in a position, please fill out the information below and we will contact you.
Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager will manage all plant units and is responsible for monitoring and ensuring plant products are safe and meet customer specifications and company quality and reliability standards. In addition, oversees the sanitation requirements of the plant, assist in the development and coordinates sanitation activity with the plant sanitarian.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards.
- Manages and directs staff responsible for microbiological testing and other quality control testing of plant products.
- Oversees maintenance of the weight and defect control programs in accordance with plant and company standards.
- Develops operating policies and procedures as necessary.
- Resolves hotline complaints about plant products, maintaining necessary records regarding the problem’s resolution.
- Meets with vendors, customers and quality representatives and other company staff to discuss and resolve quality issues.
- Ensures that the company’s product “hold” policies and procedures are communicated to plant staff and that the plant adheres to the procedures.
- Recommends, as appropriate, the suspension of production or the release of product when quality standards are not achieved.
- Leads and/or participates in third party Safe Quality Food (SQF Level 3) l quality audits of the plant.
- Manages and oversees all Safe Quality Food (SQF Level 3) requirements for the facility so that maintains the scoring standards of the program.
- Participates in regular meetings with plant management to discuss quality improvements.
- Develops, maintains and reports required operational information to management.
- Ensures all quality-related information required for regulatory reviews and reporting is maintained by the plant.
- Ensures that all GMP and Safety standards are in compliance.
- Performs other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Bud’s Best Cookies Inc.’s business objectives.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Operations, Food Science, or related field
- 5 years’ supervisory experience in a food-processing, manufacturing organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control, quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food – manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), HACCP, food allergens and pest control
- Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and associate safety, OSHA standards, product quality (success rates.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet software
Machine operators help in the production of Bud’s Best Cookies. Each machine operator position is essential in the production of Bud’s Best Cookies.
Machine Operator Positions:
The Machine operator position consists of all the positions below. Please list the following as sub-positions for the Machine operator position:
- Creme Machine Operators
- Robot Operators
- Wrapper Operators
- Bagging Machine Operators
- Mixer’s for Mixing Room
- General Operators
- Warehouse Experience A Plus
- Experience In Utilizing A Mixer Machine A Plus
- Experience In Working With Food A Plus
- Must Be Flexible With The Schedule
Food manufacturing experience is a plus. If you are looking for a steady, good paying job with great benefits we would love to hear from you!
The Sanitation position ensures the equipment and work areas are cleaned in a manner consistent with established food manufacturing requirements. The sanitation department is responsible for ensuring these requirements are met throughout the production process.
Benefits for Full Time Employment
These benefits are for all positions:
- 5 vacation days after 1 year
- 10 vacation days after 3 years
- 15 vacation days after 10 years
- Off every Saturday
- $100 check for your birthday
- Monetary bonus at year end
- FMLA after 1 year or 1250 hours
- Annual Christmas party
- Health and life insurance paid by the company for each employee after 90 days of employment
- 7 paid holidays after 90 days of employment
- Eligible for monetary award for Employee of the Month & Year after 12 months